Making things, scouring crafty blogs and instagram has become a way of life for me. I am constantly getting excited about lovely things that are being made by people from all over the world.
The pile of makes has really started to gain some height in recent weeks as well as my enthusiasm for rushing home from work and squeezing in some time to get on with making some things. (I don't actually keep a big pile of makes all stashed this way, just so you know, i just did a whip round and scooped everything up in an attempt to bully myself into writing this post)
For such a long time I've been stuck this way and not actually writing up anything myself, writing is not a strength of mine. I keep thinking that it will be silly, cringey to write anything myself....and as i'm typing I still really do feel that. I do know that I love reading other people's blogs - to the point of obsession!! I get so much out of them and feel like perhaps this is the next step for me. In fact, discovering blogs has taught me waaaaay more than any craft magazine ever could. To top this off I'm sure that there are things I will learn about this process that I haven't even considered yet so here goes!!
2015 is likely to hold a huge longlist of makes and as tempting as it is to write a big list and stick to it, I know that won't happen, as soon as a shiny new pattern is released i'm immediately distracted and straight on to it. The new issue of Seamwork that has just been released being the perfect example of distraction!
No Comments
Post a Comment